Sunday, April 8, 2018

celebrate - new baby

Hello my scrappy friends!  Cold weekend here in south NJ but no snow at least!  I made some cards yesterday for people at work.  This first card is for my daughter's Italian teacher who is having her second child, another boy, in just a couple of weeks.

Sketch-N-Scrap has a great card sketch (#119) this week and Hiding in my Craft Room (#347) is asking for spring colors!  Here is my card for both of these challenges.

The bottom layer of the circles has spring colors as does the background patterned paper.  The banners are made from slightly springy colors but ended up darker than I though they would.  With liquid ink, I made some dots and used an old credit card to smear the colors down the paper.  Very cool technique that I'm sure I'll try again!  Here is the link to the blog where I learned about paper scraping! https://persialou.com/diy-art-project-idea/

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!  Have a lovely day!
~Jennifer
 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in the spring colors 1st week of April theme challenge at HIMCR! Your card makes me think of sunshine and new grass and leaves. Becca~DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love that technique, will have to try it soon, I haven't heard of it before! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting technique I have not ever come across that one before. Your card turned out super cute. Thanks for playing along at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, this card definitely has the spring feel. Thank you for entering your creation at Sketch N Scrap.
    Sharon Fontenot -
    higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card and I think it is quite springy! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap and at HIMCR! - Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card :) Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap :)
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great baby card and thanks so much for sharing the scraping technique. Yours came out so pretty. This is something so easy but makes a gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete