Sunday, August 23, 2015

New home

Happy Sunday my scrappy friends!  

Someone I know is moving so I made her and her son, who happens to be a friend of my son's, a little pineapple card.  Pineapples are a sign of welcoming, warmth and friendliness...so this is where I grabbed my inspiration.

Using the My World cricut cartridge, I cut a pineapple for the cover of my card and a smaller one for the inside (no photo, sorry!).   I used stamps and stencils from STAMPlorations, bold sentiments: Journey and mixed media grunge and stencil confetti circles.   


I'll be entering this card into the following challenges:
STAMPlorations August Theme and Sketch
Bitten by the Bug 2 - The Fruits of Summer
Cut It Up: Old School - the paper I used for the circles is at least 5 years old!
Scrapping4Fun - #49 using name brand paper - I used K & company and DCWV

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments!
Jennifer


7 comments:

  1. It is wonderful that you found the meaning to pineapples and made this special card. I love the swirl in this pineapple cut. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card!!! I did not know the meaning of pineapples. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Fruits of Summer Challenge' at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that background paper. It's really lovely!

    Beautiful card. I'm sure the family appreciates it. Thanks for joining us for our Old School challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. I like the PP in the ring around the card, it gives me the Hawaiian vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, yummy Pineapples. Lovely card, love the paper.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Please, remember to follow us!!
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and so lovely and warm thought behind it, I'm sure your friend will love having it. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations August Challenge, hope to see you in September too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Scrappind4Fun Challenges. Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete