Wednesday, February 11, 2015

It's been a while!!



Well hello my scrappy friends! It's been a while since I've posted  which means its been a while since I've created something.  I've been working a full time job in the middle school since the beginning of January filling in for someone who had some pretty intense surgery.  My last day is tomorrow.  Not sure how I feel about leaving and going back to my "real" job as a lunch aide...less hours, less money, but I get to scrap more often and play with first and second graders on the play ground once again!  I just hope the weather warms up soon :)

I had a bit of time this morning to make a card for my kid's librarian at school  She has been out since almost the beginning of October with a cancer diagnosis.  My kids want her to know that they have been thinking of and praying for her.

I grabbed my sketch from STAMPlorations Blog bi-weekly sketch challenge #27 and the colors are from Red Carpet Studio challenge #90 using black, white and your choice.  I choose red for the third color on my card.
 

Here is my card using scraps of paper from my stash and STAMPlorations stamp set Typografia for my sentiment.  The border stamps in white...I forget who made them!



Thanks for stopping by!
With blessings~
Jennifer

11 comments:

  1. Great use of scraps and sketch in this thoughtful card.
    Thanks for linking up at STAMPlorations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great use of scraps! great card. Thanks for joining us at RCS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and thanks for sharing at Red Carpet Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the Sketch! Thanks for joining the fun at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I love the sentiment! Thank you for sharing it with us at Red Carpet Studio!
    Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card! It makes a bold statement! Thanks for sharing over at Red Carpet Studios!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job incorporating the sketch with our challenge this week. Very nice card! Thanks for joining us at RCS and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Love that sentiment. Praying that all goes well with the transition of going back to your other position. Thank You for stepping up and taking the time to help with the position of the other person, while they were away healing. May the Lord continue to bless you daily!!! Aloha, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card. Thanks for playing at RCS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great sentiment! I need to remember this! Beautiful card; thank you so much for playing along w/ us at RCS!

    ReplyDelete