Sunday, January 5, 2014

Winter Fun

Good Morning my scrappy friends!  Another bitterly cold day here in NJ.  The weather is bringing us some freezing rain to go on top of the 6" of snow we received the other day.  I don't like the heat and humidity of the summer, but some warmer temps right now would be lovely!

Since school was canceled on Friday due to a snow storm, and I don't drive on snow/ice covered roads, I've been busy scrapping, playing with the kids, and watching movies with the husband.  Here is a double layout I finished yesterday...lots of distressing and messiness! 


Each page is meant for different challenges on blogs.  Using the first page of my double, I entered the Scrappy Friends challenge of 2014!  4 blog challenges for one LO!  So much fun ~  I flipped the sketch for my photos from Brenda's challenge; used the burgundy, light green, and blues for Kelly's color challenge; used the words "winter" and "fun" from Kristi's word challenge; and used the bottom row of bingo for Rochelle's challenge - mist, 3 photos, buttons. 

Here is the original sketch from Granddiva- Brenda:
The color challenge from Kelly:

The word art challenge from Kristi B:



And Tic Tac Toe challenge from Rochelle:

Now for the second page of my double layout, I'm entering ~
> Sketches4All Brandi's challenge - Once Upon A Theme - Cheers
> Two Scrapbook Friends - distressing
> Simple Sketches #19 - sketch challenge

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you try out some of these fantastic challenges!
~Jennifer

7 comments:

  1. Woohoo Jennifer!!! You did such a fantastic job using all 4 challenges and love how you made it into a double page layout! Isn't it nice to be "forced" inside to scrap. ;) Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Scrappy Friends challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG Jennifer! Nice job combining all 4 of the Scrappy Friends Challenges! Thank you so much for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun double LO! love all the grunge and distressing going on! Thanks for joining us at Simple Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Simple Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newest follower :)

    WONDERFUL layout!!!

    I WORK in Logan Township!!! I live in Audubon!!! Small world! I can TOTALLY appreciate what you said about how bitterly cold it got in NJ :( I think its gonna be that way again next week!

    Would love to meet up to scrapbook sometime if you are ever interested!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com
    www.craftinandstampin.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the random messiness of the background

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you created a double page from the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete