Thursday, August 2, 2018

Hot Fun in the Summer Time

Hello my scrappy friends!

When searching for titles or ideas for my layouts, I often turn to music.  I love music, all different genres!  This layout is no exception.  However, little did I know that the song that inspired my title, was a challenge online!  Check out Scrap with Stacy, for a great challenge using Sly and the Family Stone song "Hot Fun in the Summer Time".   I'll have to create new layout for Stacy's partner Rochelle Spears sketch challenge!  Guess I shouldn't complain too much about my children, teens, sleeping till noon most summer days...give me more time to scrap uninterrupted!


I used real sand, rocks and shells from the lake beach!  My Cricut, Life's a Beach, was used for the title and I think the shell...that was in my stash for the longest time!  The tag was from a swap I was involved with years ago.  Multiple washi tape strips were used in the background.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!  Stop by Stacy and Rochelle's blogs for some great challenges!

Have an awesome day!!
Jennifer


1 comment:

  1. I love how you used real sand, shells and rocks on your layout! Super fun! I wish my kids slept in during the summer time but I have some young ones that get up at the crack of dawn and older ones that stay up late....argh....lol Yay for school starting!! Thanks for joining in on my Scrappy Friends challenge this month!!!

    ReplyDelete