Thursday, August 9, 2018

16th Birthday

Hello my scrappy friends!

Today is our son's 16th birthday!  These past 16 years have gone by pretty fast and I can only guess that the next 16 will go even faster.  A few gifts and laughes, a yummy dinner, brownies for dessert...a pretty good day!  Family party is on Saturday, with more gifts, more laughs, some games and lots more food!

Here is the card I made our son for today.  I'm sure I'll make another for Saturday's party to go along with the other gifts we saved for him.


I used a Tim Holtz stencil named "Rays" with some Tim Holtz distress inks, paper some scraps for the scalloped border strips and a stamp set from SU! "Five for All".  The inside stamps says "it's for the greatest kid in the universe!"  I used SU! Calypso Coral  for the sentiment.  Such a quick, cute card!

I'll be entering my card into the Sketch-N-Scrap card sketch #27 challenge on their blog.  This challenge just opened on Sunday and closes at the end of the month.  Enter your cards today!!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!  Enjoy the rest of your week!
~Jennifer





5 comments:

  1. Awesome card! I'm sure your son will love it! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunburst and sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the stencil and distress inks. Makes a great background. So very pleased you played along with us at Sketch N Scrap! Your participation is much appreciated!
    Sharon Fontenot
    higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun card and perfect for your son's 16th birthday! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete