Thursday, August 10, 2017

Tulip card

Hello my scrappy friends!  Quick post this evening since I'm tired.  House is clean, ready for my son's 15th family birthday party on Saturday.  15...how did that happen?!?

This card is for a friend who lost her husband last month.  I want to make her and her teenage daughter a card each month for a while, just so they know that someone is always thinking of them.

I used my SU! Tranquil Tulips stamps set for the tulips (obviously!), Avant-Garden for the dots all around the card, and Orange Blossom for the sentiment...the entire sentiment reads "out of sight....but never our of mind".


I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Paper Play Sketches 
Paper Play Sketches: Color Challenge  -- Green and purple for the stems and flowers, yellow/orange for the dots all around the card.



Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge
Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge: #224 sketch -- Loosely based on this sketch...it sort of got away from me but this sketch inspired me to make this card.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
~Jennifer








10 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and I love the dotted background! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC) this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I am sure she will appreciate these cards you are making for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice thought to keep in touch with a family's loss with monthly inspirational cards...beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us this week at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is really pretty Jennifer. Turning the sketch vertical really worked out well. Thank you for joining AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft colors in your card---the plaid is always a favorite! So very pretty and thoughtful of you to encourage a grieving family. Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Paper Play Sketches.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet thing to do for your friend!! I make a lot of cards but am not good at sending them out! So glad you joined us at AHSC. You have inspired me to be a more thoughtful person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. My mother-in-law would love the tulips!!! The colours you chose are stunning. Thank you for playing with us at AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete