Friday, January 2, 2015

Mom's birthday card



A quick post for my mom's birthday card.  Her birthday is next week and I wanted to make sure she gets it early this year!  I'll be very busy all of next week so no time like the present to make it!

I used a sketch from Cardabilities Sketch #114.  My card isn't nearly as fancy as what the DT has posted or what has been entered into the challenge, but I still like it.  If I had a little more quiet in the house I may have done it a little differently, but it's done and she'll like it!  I'll do better for mother's day :)

Here is the sketch:





Here is my card:

I've also entered my card into the challenge that STAMPlorations Blog is hosting right now!  Each month they have a theme for entries and this month it's Stamps & Inks.  Who doesn't love stamps and inks?!?  I used my brand new  Trendy Leaves clear stamps from STAMPlorations.  They have other challenges new this year, this month, with lots of ways to win their stamps and stencils!  You should definitely check them out!

Happy Stamping and Inking~
Jennifer

6 comments:

  1. Very effective and I'm sure that your Mom will love it. Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the leaves in red! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations and Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love the distressed look you created in this card, Jennifer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and happy birthday to your mom! She'll love this card for sure!

    ReplyDelete